COVID-19 deaths and mortality statistics
- In your country, are deaths where COVID-19 is reported as a contributory cause of death and not as underlying cause of death also included in mortality statistics reported to ECDC?
- What definition is currently used in your country to report COVID-19 deaths?
- If a person dies suddenly or of unknown cause or external cause of death and requires an autopsy, is a test for COVID-19 carried out post-mortem?
- In reporting mortality statistics due to COVID-19, are all COVID-19 deaths (community + nursing homes + hospital) included or just hospital deaths?
- Does a COVID-19 death require a positive laboratory diagnosis or is clinical diagnosis sufficient?